Are you passionate about writing? Have an interest in the Hair & Beauty industry? If you answered yes are plugged into the online world then this could be the perfect job for you.
Our Client is a rapidly expanding hair and beauty company in Nigeria who are seeking a Social Media & Marketing Officer to manage the blog, help develop the website, and generally expand its online presence.
This is a serious job offer and will require a fully dedicated individual who is self motivated and highly articulate.
Tasks will include, but are not limited to:
– Handling the social media: A big part of the business is the Facebook page which currently has over 5,000 followers, and through which we are able to reach a relatively wide audience. The most popular aspect of the page are the pictures posted and general discussions generated daily. The candidate would be responsible for sourcing images to be posted daily.
– Interacting and building a rapport with other bloggers and Facebook users particularly in Nigeria, generating discussions on the company, and raising awareness of our products and services.
– Marketing: keeping the principals of the company abreast of hair and beauty fairs, trade fairs (such as LPM, Fusion, Lost In Lagos Live, etc) at which we could exhibit, and maintaining a calendar of events.
– Petitioning bloggers, Radio Stations, and websites to feature the company.
– Preparing newsletters and marketing flyers to be distributed weekly to our contact list (this requires someone conversant not only with writing, but also with some basic graphic design skills)
– Chasing up and collating guest articles for the blog, and keeping posts on schedule.
– Writing a number of blog posts every month on topical issues, with guidance.
The candidate needs to be extremely articulate, enthusiastic and self motivated. Interest in hair and beauty in general is a huge plus. Furthermore, the candidate will need to be able to provide evidence of their writing skills and online presence (such as previously published articles, a blog, etc)
This is an exciting role with the opportunity to grow with and make a mark on a fledgling company with great potential.
Salary: Highly Competitive, Negotiable for the right candidate
The company is hiring asap therefore if you’d like to apply for the position please send a sample of your writing with a covering letter to:
Interviews will be taking place within the next 2 weeks in Lagos.