I love soft skin and anything that promises silky softness will capture my interest. I had been seeing a Dove advert about their beauty bar which asks the women to ‘Dare to bare’ which means go without makeup. It promises skin that is moisturized from deep within to reveal that natural glow while leaving your skin soft as silk (Ok…Ok… I added the ‘soft as silk part’ I think they just said softer skin). Usually I’m skeptic about such promises from a soap, a lotion- I can buy but a soap?! When my sister went on to buy half a dozen of the Dove Beauty Soap with a radiant glow promise and decided that she didn’t like it, I ended up with the lot. I thought, no harm done; I needed soap anyways. The first thing that struck me when I used it for the first time is the sweet floral scent that stays on several hours after you’ve had a bath; I would wake up in the middle of the night mesmerized by my own scent. Four weeks down the line, my skin was soft but without applying any lotion my legs still flaked, so unless I had a way of measuring the moisture content of my skin; I don’t think it delivered on the promise of deep moisturization so I set off to find a lotion that would deliver at least 80 percent moisturization because with the more cooler weather my then lotion wasn’t performing well.
Using that soap got me obsessed with Dove scents, I got Dove silky nourishment shower gel and ‘Dove Silky Nourishment Body Lotion with Shimmer Effect’ first for the scent and then for the promise on the bottle, I had nothing to lose afteral my then lotion wasn’t doing much for me.
Now, the last purchase is one that I would do over and over again; the bottle states that the lotion nourishes every inch of your skin for a soft silky feel.
I love the Dove Silky Nourishment Body Lotion with Shimmer Effect; it moisturizes my skin perfectly, leaves it silky smooth, has a light floral with a hint of woody scent and yeah; the shimmer effect. Which I think is brought about by very tiny glitters blended into the lotion that when touched by light gives you that golden glow like golden glitter dust except this time it doesn’t go off into your clothes and it’s not obvious. It takes me back to my childhood days watching my mom apply dust of glitters on the Arabian brides, they loved it and I loved it.
- Adequate all day moisturization for my combination skin with an oil free feel; I even use it on my face and it doesn’t make it feel annoyingly oily.
- Light fragrance which doesn’t over power the tones of your perfume.
- The shimmer effect that gives you a radiant glow.
- It is affordable at about 3 pounds.
- It is quite fluidy (pardon my english) -just flows out, my sister almost poured half the contents [exaggerating a little;-)]; the bottom line is that it needs extra care when pouring out.
- It is designed for normal skin so it doesn’t work well with dry skin.
- The downside of the shimmer effect is when taking photographs which need a matte skin; the skin glistens and with HD cameras with super megapixel counts you can spot the tiny glitters.
I’m in love with this lotion until further notice, it sells for 7000 Tanzanian shillings at only one store so far, high way super market. I don’t know what I will do when they run out because I did an amazon search and the dove store in amazon.co.uk said that it was Currently unavailable and they don’t know when or if this item will be back in stock. The amazon.com (USA) returned this search result -Your search “dove silky nourishment body lotion with shimmer effect” did not match any products.
Total Score – 4 out of 5 sacred eyes
Have you tried “dove silky nourishment body lotion with shimmer effect”?
Love it or Loathe it .. You decide?