So winter is upon us, well harmattan in Nigeria but its all winter as we have shorter days and longer nights. Speaking of Nights I have always wanted to try one of those black vampire type smokey eyes. I am not afraid of crazy colours but that is theone look that scares me. I recently worked on a client who wanted the look and I remembered also working on a model for a shoot that required the same look (picture below) and it inspired me to try it on myself. Hey, if she clould pull it off so well so can I. (its only make up right?)
The key to getting that intensity is building your eyeshadow on a good base. I find that a great eyeshadow base, cream eyeshadow, cream colour base, gel liner or a black pencil can do a lot to intensify the colour hence giving you that dark sultry smokey eye that screams “look at me”
- To create this look, I first applied a burgundy matte eyeshadow to my crease, blending out the harsh lines with a blending brush. Its important to blend out harsh lines to really soften the general look except the look requires strong defined lines.
- Next I applied a dark brown cream colour base to the entire eyelid blending up to the crease
- Next I applied a matte black eyeshadow using the same blending brush also blending it into the crease.
- With angled eyeliner brush, I applied the black eyeshadow to my lower lashline.
- To brighten up the eyes, I added a gold pigment to the inner corners.
- Contour, add blush and lip colour and viola!!!
Have fun trying out this look, u can always replace the black with blue, purple, green,orange, which ever colour you are drawn to. Just remember to blend properly and have fun with it.
All Products used are listed below. Have a fab week and never fear makeup!!!
Blackup Fluid foundation in FL05
Dermablend Camoflage Makeup palette (for concealer)
Blackup Loose Powder in no3
Mac Blush in Raizin
Grimas Rouge in Pink
Elf Cool Bronzer
Golden rose Terracotta Stardust
Matte Burgundy eyeshadow (28 neutral shadow palette)
Grimas cream makeup in 1001
Black eyeshadow (Sleek Graphite limited edition palette)
Mac pigment in Blond’s Gold.
Rimmel volumn express mascara
Eversheen Eyeliner in brown-black(eyebrows) black (waterline)
Mac lipglass in Lust
Rimmel Vinyl Bronze lipgloss in Sun queen.